Thursday, March 19, 2015

Throw Back Thursday: Kid Tales

Once upon a time, D had a Jr. Hi Band concert.  The whole family attended this musical wonder. After the concert, my parents and I were all walking back to the car when my mom said the magical words, "Do you want to go to Dairy Queen?" Hell yeah! We all took separate cars, so we all decided to meet there.  In our town, DQ is right around the corner from the school; it's within walking distance. S was in the front seat, I loaded E into his car seat, and we were off!  We pull into the parking spot and I turn around. The seat next to E's was empty! I asked S, "Uhhhh where's Dade?" His response? "God, mom, you were so excited about ice cream, you forgot about your own child. What kind of parent are you?" (Did I mention he's 19? and cynical?) So back to the school we went. Turns out while I was loading Eric in his car seat D went and put his horn up in the band hall with the other students. We pull to the school and I don't see him. I call him.

Me - Where are you?
D- I'm looking, but I can't find you anywhere!
Me- We're over here by these dumpsters.

He shows up and gets in the car.  S looks at him and says, "God, Dade, we've been waiting for you forever. "

Moral of the story, raise your kids right and they'll cover for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment