Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Elle King - Love Stuff. Music review!

So a few people think I'm stuck in the 80's (they're not that wrong) and I don't listen to new music. I'm not that stuck; it just seems like lately there is not a lot of music worth listening to. So imagine my surprise when the hubs turned on the radio and I heard Ex's and Oh's for the first time. The bluesy overtones with Her gravely vocals were interesting. The drum beat was fun. And I immediately downloaded the whole album of iTunes (it's only 7.99!). All of her songs have the same blues feel. Kinda rock and roll, kinda reminiscent of Led Zeppelin. Her voice is cool too- that cool girl rock and roll voice but Eartha Kitt-ish. Like if Eartha sang Janice Joplin. Some of her songs also sound a bit bluegrass- you can hear the banjo.  I was pleasantly surprised by this whole album. It was really good! Something I was familiar with, but never heard before. Thank you, Elle King, for making a great cd. I love your "I Told you I was Mean". Ha! You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment