Saturday, March 7, 2015

Book review- The Decaying Empire by Laura Thalassa (book 2 of Vanishing Girl)

Ok- if you haven't read book one then please stop- spoilers ahead.

This book is book 2 in the Vanishing Girl series. Ember is a genetically altered 18 year old girl that teleports within the first 10 minutes of sleep. In the last book she was set up and then shot.

This book picks up right where we left off. Ember was spliced and in a coma for 10 months. She's now back and basically suffering from PTSD; hopes of escape dashed.

I really enjoyed this book. I started reading in the bath till the water got cold. Then I stayed up till 12:30! Could not put it down. The problems I had with the first book - poor character development, what is splicing, were all solved.  I really liked this one.

Pros: Good story that feels orginal.

Cons: Changed from 3rd person to 1st. That's a personal pet peeve of mine, it drives me insane.

I'd give this 4.5 stars. Can't wait for the next one!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment