Monday, March 9, 2015

Moody Gardens Galveston, Texas review.

Happy Anniversary to me! That's right- the hubs and I celebrated 1 glorious year together. Since we were married at Disney World it's pretty hard to compare. The hubs suggested Moody Gardens in Galveston. Neither of us had been so I was game.

We arrived around noon. Check in time isn't until 4, however, our room was available so we could check in early. Everyone at the front desk was super nice. They handed us maps and a schedule of activites in case we were interested. They have a kids club, and there were pretty neat activites for kiddos- treasure hunts, s'mores, and whatnot.

For lunch we ate at Cafe in the Park. Our service was excellent! The food was good, and the service was excellent. As a surprise, our server brought out complimentary dessert with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. It was a surprise and made the lunch special.

We first visited the Aquarium Pyramid. It was pretty neat. You could walk in a tunnel and see the Sharks and fish swimming all around. The highlight for me was seeing a big stingray swim right above us.

Later we explored the Rainforest pyramid. It was about 5- and most of the animals were sleeping or hiding. One of the associates said that they are a lot more active first thing in the morning. Just an FYI- this was extremely humid and I'm used to like 90% humidity. So be prepared.

We hit the 3d movie too- it was The Great White. It was a 3d movie about sharks. The hub liked it- I fell asleep so there you go. You can only watch the same clip of a shark going after a wooden seal before it starts to get old.

For dinner we at at the Garden. It was in the same pyramid that has the theatre and rainforest. That meal was something we could have lived without. I could hear everyone around us- the lady next to us was face timing and I heard every word from both parties. I had the redfish and eh.  I really didn't care for it.

Next day- breakfast was at the Cafe again. Breakfast buffet- it was sooooo yummy. This was for sure our favorite place to eat. After gorging we headed back to the rainforest pyramid.

Rainforest part deux- much better. We saw monkeys, bats, butterflies, and birds. Very nice and a lot better early in the morning- they open at 10. We really enjoyed it!

Moody Gardens was very clean. It felt open and airy, and it smelled good. We will be back.

Attractions we missed- beach (it was closed because winter) and the paddle boat (rain and yuck. No thanks). We also didn't hit the zipline because Rain.

Would I go again- yes. Would I become a member? No. I don't live close enough to benefit. I will visit again!


No comments:

Post a Comment