Sunday, March 8, 2015

Crack Head Happy

So, Shelly has asked me to contribute to this blog. I think this is a lapse of judgement on her part, since I am guaranteed to offend everyone, but it's too late now. :D

So, while at the laundromat (which I am at because of girl scout cookies and rain...take that for what you will), I over hear these women talking about kids, presumably theirs, when I hear one say, 
"Oh I don't really care what he wants to be when he is an adult, I just want him to be happy. That is all that really matters." 
I have heard this sentiment before, but what popped in my head was - What if being a crack head makes him most happy. What if that's the thing that brings him all the joy? Or worse like being a creepy stalker or murder or a member of the Westboro Baptist Church? 
I admit that I was suffering from heat stroke, because it was like 75 degrees and I was melting, but I don't think parents are honest at all when they say they want happiness for their kids, it's a top tier lie, up there with "I don't have a favorite" and "I don't care what gender as long as they're healthy." 
I prefer honesty...I wanted all boys and I had 2 and decided to have one more. Gambling isn't my thing because the last one was a girl, who is now my favorite so the "I like you best" balances out the "I really wish you had been a boy!" 
As for "just being happy?" 
No. 
Sure I hope they have happiness in their lives, but I also want them to be educated and employed. I guess what I took a long blog post to say is I'd like my kids to be a lot of things and happy is one of them, just not crack head happy. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment