Thursday, March 5, 2015

Anyone who doesn't have a favorite is lying.

Do you have a favorite child?  What? I'm a horrible person for asking such a thing? Yeah, I don't care.  My middle son (yes I have 3, yes they are all boys- joy) asked me the other day who my favorite was.  It went something like this:

Son: Mom, I need to ask you something very important.
Me: What?
Son: Mom, I just really want to know, can you please answer me honestly?
Me: Get on with it..
Son: Who is your favorite?
Me: Snort and laughter
Son: Please mom, tell me.  Between me and S. (older brother) who do you like best?
Me: Well... I don't like either of you equally.
Son: Waaa?
Me: You see, the littlest is always the favorite. That's the way it works.  And if for some ungodly reason I have another, E will be shoved to the side like y'all are and the new baby will be the favorite.
Son: I'm ok with that as long as it's not S.
Me: Well that's a relief.

The baby is always the favorite. I feel sorry for the other kids, who for a brilliant shining moment were the favorites until siblings came along- only to be shoved to the side while the new baby rolls over and other miraculous wonders.  Don't worry children! You will all redeem yourselves as adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment