Saturday, April 11, 2015

What's in your emo playlist?

So I thought it would be super hilarious to make my 14 year old a goth type depression playlist, since his almost to that age anyway. Figured better be prepared, right? While compiling this thing of beauty I realized that I still like all this music and I may just have to listen to it myself. Heh. So we have. Of course the classics, The Cure, The Smiths, Peter Murphy, Souixsie and the Banshees. Then we've gotta add a bit of Skinny Puppy, a dash of Book of Love, and the. Round out with New Order. I'm really excited. I can tell him how the music will "speak" to him, but I'm pretty sure he'll ignore it for something lame. (I'm looking at you, Ariana Grande.) Anyway, I'll let you know how he likes it. Gotta favorite artist? Share with the class! I love new music and am not stuck in the 80's. The Cure is still making new music, they count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment