Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter to all Care C-ers! Yes, to all 4 of you. ;P The Mistrot household has some silly traditions that Id like to share. First is Bunny Bread. This delicious delicacy is an orange sweet bread that is shaped into bunnies. They are a pain to make. I've been up since 6 am working on these bad boys. That's why they're iy made once a year. I'd like to give mad props to my Kitchen Aide mixer. The kneading hook is amazeballs. 
Second crazy tradition is to poc eggs. I have extreme Cajuns on my side of the family, and egg pocing is a Cajun tradition. Each person takes a hard boiled Easter egg and pair off. They hold little end to little end and one person gently taps the others egg until someone's egg cracks. The one that cracks is the loser, and the winner goes on to poc another day. 
Lastly the egg hunts. Yes, we hid eggs for the kids and yadda yadda. The best part is after that. Once the kids find all the eggs, they then go and hide them for the adults. Then the bloodbath begins. 
Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have lots of yummy food and family around you. Hippity Hoppity Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment