Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Omg the TV is off!

Yes, yes I did. I hit the off button on the magic box of entertainment. The kids panicked, the dogs looked scared, and the hubs asked if I was ok. I just was tired of the noise. The TV goes on first thing in the morning and other then turning it off when we leave for work, well it stays on. Let's just say I am sick of the noise. I think as a society we have gotten too dependent on the instant gratification of entertainment that TV provides. How many times do you turn it on for background noise? Yeah when archaeologists of the future dig us up they are going to wonder what the altar of the black boxes are. Hahah we even have a small portable box with us at all times! Now I wonder, has the 24 hour news feed, with its constant reporting on anything to stay relevant and gain ratings, had a negative impact on how we view and report our personal news? I'm referring to fb and the need to share every aspect of our day. Examples
"Going to go work out", "gonna have lunch" etc. you know- those posts. Well, enough musing for me; I'm going to enjoy the silence and watch a book. I'm also going to think about Depeche Mode. Stupid ear worm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment