Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Walt Disney World Planning Tips 

I may have mentioned a time or twelve that I love Disney.  WDW is YUGE. It consists of 4 major theme parks and 2 water parks. It also has a pretty awesome downtown area called Disney Springs. Needless to say, it can get pretty overwhelming.  When planning a trip to WDW my first step is to buy this book.  Sorry Bob & Len I covered your names. Don't worry- buy it here  https://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Walt-Disney-World-ebook/dp/B01I8S7FG2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487769026&sr=8-1&keywords=the+unofficial+guide+to+walt+disney+world+2017 It is my Disney bible. My dad used it when we went as kids 20 years ago and I use it still. Trust me- there is valuable information. A comparison of hotels- both off site and on. A list of how long the Disney buses will take from each resort vs your car. A brief synopsis on rides. Advice on fastpasses.  It has a companion website which is like $13 a year. WORTH IT!!!!   https://touringplans.com You can customize your own touring plans. I make an itinerary for every park. You put in your dining plans, fast pass info, and rides/shows and boom! You now have an itinerary based on the shorted wait time. Freaking amazing. Last time I used it the longest line wait was 45 minutes.  The real benefit is that WDW is a total immersion experience. You can get overwhelmed quick. If you don't have a plan you're spending most of your time trying to look at a map and figure out what to do next. With a little preplanning you can avoid all that hassle - and lines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment