Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Grammys! We watch so you don't have to!

Grammys tonight! I love the Grammy's. The fashion is fantastic; so rock n roll. My favorite part is the performances. Honestly, I watch everything else in fast forward.  The show opened with Adele singing Hello. That woman has an amazing voice.   James Corden was the host this time. His lift didn't work so he just climbed up and then fell down the stairs. Pretty funny.  Let's take a minute to talk about J-lo's dress. Honey, no. My pretty in pink barbie from the 80s wore it better.   The Weekend performed and lo! Is that Daft Punk? Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood performed a duet.  Ed Sheerean was up next.   And another duet by two more nominees. I'm sorry I am not familiar with them. They weren't bad, more on the country side.   All hail the Queen! Queen B! Her performance was ethereal. I loved the tribute to motherhood. If the twins are a boy and a girl I bet she names them Apollo and Diana.  After that was Bruno Mars. He had a small set, but still rocked the choreography  Let's talk about Katy Perry. First I didn't even recognize her. Her signature look- gone. I don't even think it sounded like her. I thought it was Ellie Goulding!  She debuted her new song; it was nice- but I had no idea it was her.  My sound on the transmission kept cutting out so I missed a bunch.  I caught some of Maren Morris and Alicia Keys. The set reminded me of a vampire show. I really liked the way they complimented each other.  Ed Sheehan performed and so did a few others.  I had it written up but when I tried to save it killed the post and I lost it.  Adele sung a duet to George Michael. She messed up and started over. I freaking love that. She's so real.  Lady GaGa and Metallica.  I am not a Metallica fan and never have been. James Hatfelid's mic wasn't even on. So Gaga sang and then nothing. Then GaGa and nothing. GaGa gave it her all as usual; but she didn't have the foggiest clue how to dance to this.  Stergill Stewart was next.  Next was a Beegees tribute with Demi Lavato, Tori Kelly and Little Big Town and Andra Day (love her she had a fantastic voice!) There was a target commercial with Carley Rae Jepson and lil yachty.  A Tribe Called Quest ended the show.  Fantastic! I loved the performances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment