Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Emmys!

67th Emmy awards hosted by Adam Sanburg. It's Andy Samberg and he is hilarious. So is his band Lonely Island. I'm not even attempting to spell names correctly. Sorry not sorry. I was amused during his first opening number- I don't know if the audience was as amused as I was. I was laughing a lot!


Best supporting actress in a comedy: Allison Janey I love her. I was glad she won. Her accidentally bringing up her dabbing cloth was pretty funny. In case you don't know it was 104 degrees today here at my house and I am closer to the beach than downtown LA (closer to the beach = cooler). It is usually not much over 80 here. I imagine those people were melting.

Best Comedy writing- Simon Blackwell, Armandon Iannucci, Tony Roche 

Ricky Gervais was hilarious. Agreed

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a comedy series: Tony Hale

I'm not putting anything about the creative Emmys that they did already. Blah blah look it up if you care. Then let us know.  I actually looked these up because I cared! Actually I cared more about a lot of these categories more than I did the ones on this show we just watched and because I am so awesome here is that list of winners if anyone else cares (spoiler alert: Adventure Time won the Emmy over Steven Universe! ha!).

Comedy Series Directing: Jill Soloway- she thanked the goddess and Amazon. Heheheheh. She was also wearing a polka dot suit with some big old shoes. I kinda liked it. I loved her suit! She thanked Amazon because Transparent is an Amazon exclusive show, I was confused by that for a moment.

Jimmy Kimmel straight up ate the card where the names were. That was super amusing. Though, I wish he would have given it to Joey Tribianai. meh. I was disappointed William H. Macy didn't win because man he is good in his role on Shameless! I have not seen Transparent, but I have heard good things about it though so good for Jeffrey Tambor.

Comedy Lead Series Actor- Jeffery Tambor

Comedy Lead Series Actress- Julia Louis-Dreyfus she wore a simple one shoulder black dress; accented by fabulous diamond dangling earrings. A spectacular simple look. (I have not watched Veep, which is weird because usually I love political shows, but just never watched this one. I loved all the Trump trash talk that went on throughout the show, but hers was really great! "It's getting harder to satirize this stuff" was an excellent snarky comment. 

Reality- why is this a category? I mean do we really need awards for being real? if that's the case, should football be included? Oh wait- that's the heinsman isn't it? The Voice. Whatever.  I think two whole rows people got up to accept this "reality" award. 1. Football is considered a variety show and/or special and I know this because the Superbowl Halftime show with Katy Perry won for costumes in a variety show and/or special. 2. Reality Shows aren't real :p They have writers and producers and a team of people with very fragile egos who need accolades, just let them have their category its not like it's limited series reality :p

I am going to agree with John Oliver on these next categories. Limited Series categories are pretty dumb. All television is limited! I understand a miniseries is different from an actual regular series show, but if the show returns in any capacity it's not really a miniseries is it. I'm looking at you American Horror Story, being in this category is just cheating. 

Writing Limited Series or Movie- Jane Anderson. I really liked her dress. It was orange with a cute bussel accent on the butt. 

Supporting Actress limited series or movie- Regina King. She looked surprised and so excited!

Directing Limited Series or Movie- Lisa Cholodenko 

They keep showing stuff about Wolf Hall. Looks interesting; I want to watch it. It's a PBS show. It's King Henry/Anne Boleyn story told from the perspective of Thomas Cromwell.

Supporting Actor limited series movie- Bill Murray. Quickest speech ever!

Lead actresses limited series movie- Francis McDormand

Lead Actor limited series movie- Richard Jenkins

Outstanding limited series- Olive Kitterage (this show won 6 Emmys and was minutes for 13. Sooo I'm guessing we need to watch this) I had never even heard of this show, but it's only 4 hours so it's really more of a long movie.

Variety Writing- the team from The daily show with Jon Stewart 

Variety Sketch Series- inside Amy Schumer

Variety Series directing- Chuck O'Neil 

Variety Series Talk- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Writing for a Drama Series- David Benioff/ D. B. White.

Supporting actress drama series- Uzo Aduba I was so happy she won. She deserved it. Her character on OITNB is one of the best!

Directing drama series- David Nutter

Supporting actor drama series- Peter Dinklage (Yay!)

Outstanding actor in a drama series- Jon Hamm 

Outstanding actress in a drama series- Viola Davis I like How to Get Away with Murder. I liked most of the actresses nominated, but Tatiana not winning was ridiculous. She should have been winning for the past 3 years. Sure the other actresses are fabulous, but she is playing multiple characters on the same show and she makes it totally believable! That is just super talent in my mind and I don't understand her not winning.

Comedy Series- Veep (I love how Julia Louis-Dreyfus was taking a selfie with Mel brooks while accepting the award - I noticed that too! I would be doing the same.)

Drama series- Game of Thrones. Of course!


Happy Birthday George R R Martin!!!!!

Shel's best dressed pick- Jaimie Alexander I bet she was miserable in that long sleeved thing. Plus it looked heavy.
Jamie's best dressed pick - Jill Solloway. I really loved her polka dots pants suit. Although she lost some points for wearing a pants suit in this heat!
My honorable mention goes to all the women in dresses with no straps/sleeves, no matter if they were perfectly toned or not knowing they were going to get trashed for wearing such things and not giving any f**ks.


Side note- Lady Gaga presented. I think she's toning down the crazy. Good her music can more than speak for itself. 

My blog co-host will be adding her notes to this once she watches. Done

For anyone too lazy to look it up the green ribbons a lot of the people were sporting (or if you didn't notice them at all) I looked it up for you! They were to show support for the EPA and President Obama's plan to take on climate change #DemandClimateAction


























No comments:

Post a Comment