Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Monday night new tv!

Ok so Finally we have new tv. Thank goodness- there is only so much Big Bang reruns I can watch.  I only watch a few shows- but Jamie is really the tv efficianodo. Yeah I do love me some TV, I have trouble watching movies because it seems like such a short time for character and plot development. I seldom watch reruns, unless it's Cold Case.

So last night I watched 2 shows and I will review them below. I watched 2 new series and 2 returning. I plan on watching Gotham, Minority Report & BBT, but haven't yet. **Update: Added Minority Report & Gotham

Big Bang theory- well the season premier was last night and I was bored af. I didn't even crack a smile. If this is setting the tone for the season then I will dvr and watch later or catch on rerun. I played tsums and listened to the dialogue.  I may have dozed off. I haven't watched this yet, but I was boredna lot of last season's episodes so this doesn't bode well. 

Blindspot- I was riveted! I thought this show was so good! Lots of suspense.  I was on the edge of my seat and the hubs and I discussed it afterwards. Cannot wait for the next episode. I'll follow this one. I liked it. I wasn't riveted, I actually lost focus a couple of times, but it was good. I worry about the overall arc and I really hope the creators have a master plan or I worry this show can become very convoluted quickly or the writers will write themselves into a corner. If this is set for a full network season of 20+ episodes the 'case of the week' format may hurt it, because how many mundane see into the future cases can she have on her that font advance the plot? It is good for now, but I'm not sure how long it will be good for.

Life in Pieces - I almost want to recap this one. I laughed out loud several times. It's a new show about a family, at different stages in life. It's a bit irreverent and a bit sweet, in all the right places. Plus its got a great cast! 

Castle - OMG Castle! Seriously I was wondering what more they could do with this show and maybe Blindspot didn't edge of my seat me because I watched it after this! I'm so confused and worried! I can't wait until next week because why?!? I am trying not to spoil anyhing here, but it was an excellent season primere and I love that Alexis is in it more and I hope it stays that way. Also I hope Toks Olagundoye (she was on The Neighbors) stays on because I love her, she is my girlfriend in my head, also her and Castle had some chemistry (watch out Beckett!) Anyways great episode!

Scorpion - I liked this last year. It's a good show I can throw on and do other things. I watch a lot of TV because my brain has to have multiple things happening, its crazy. Some shows are more primary focus shows, while others are background shows and this was an excellent background show. I found it annoyed me a lot last night though. The will they won't they nonsense is tired. I like the cases and situations, however unbelievable, but they need some character momentum.

Gotham - I think Gotham nay have found its groove! It was up and down last season, I almost gave up on it, but then it started getting good toward the end. This episode was excellent and being a lover of DC villians the whole rise of the villians theme makes me very excited. Also James Frain is on it now and I love him!

Minority Report - I liked this A LOT more than I thought I would. I really liked the concept of the movie and the philosophical ideas it inspires. I don't like Tom Cruise which this show doesn't have. Anyways the show has some funny moments, the leads are likeable, and the crime of the week format won't be at all problematic for this storyline like it may be for Blindsight. I also love the futuristic setting...I don't know what the genetic revolution is, but healthy french fries...sign me up! :D



Tonight- Scream Queens! I'm really excited about this one. I hope it's campy and good! I am also looking forward to this. The Muppets also starts tonight! I'm probably more excited about that than I should be. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment