Monday, August 31, 2015

VMAs

Did any of you watch? I did watch them! I did- in fast forward. I watched live and with commercials! I was watching for the new Shannara Chronicles trailer, that's how dedicated I am. 

I love love love award shows. I DO NOT! The VMAs though- man that was hard to sit through. I was pretty entertained! I like most of the music because I am not ::cough:: stuck in a past decade when it comes to music. :D I liked a lot of the performances and the people. I will say it felt like the VMAs are what happens when you give your rich kids an award show. 

Where do I begin? Oh Miley... You try, but you are no Maddonna. She did it first, and better. Lady Gaga, well hers is always shock and Art. You're, well, you're a big rainbow mess of Lisa Frank proportions. Here is where we disagree. I was never a fan of Madonna or Lady Gaga so I have no urge to compare her to them. I like Miley. She is a bit bananas, but in a good way. I think she has some really positive things to say about body image and female sexuality and her free the nipple campaign is awesome and so is her Happy Hippie Foundation! I liked her outfits and her song and performance at the end was great! Congrats on the super secret art album. I'll check it out and review later.

Nicki and Taylor Swift seem to be on the happy friend times, and Nicki and Miley are on the outs. Yay girl drama! That was kinda funny. I like both Nicki and Miley, but Nicki seems like the female Kayne, she always seems to be looking for a fight! 

Macklemore is recreating West Side Story. I said the same thing! It was like a stage production. I really enjoyed it! Then he brought out all the old school rappers! That was awesome.

Justin Beiber needs to go back to Canada. I did skip this. My DVR started recording something else so I paused for a moment to fix it and was able to fast forward through this, thankfully. Him crying at the end? I just couldn't.

Kanye is running for president in 2020, future FLOTUS looked like a sausage. He really didn't dress up for the event either! When Taylor was discussing his fashion line and ability to sew, I couldn't help but wonder why didn't he make himself a better outfit?! I am all for being comfortable, but come on.
Same goes for his wife, her outfit was terrible, but she gets a pass due to her pregnancy. She sat there, with a bunch of drunk/high kids, all evening, while pregnant. She can wear whatever she wants! I can't believe I just defended her, I am not a fan, but I am a champion for preggos being as comfortable as they wanna be without ridicule!

His speech was hard for me to watch because of the pauses he kept making, my brain couldn't focus. Also he sort of, but not really, apologized for interrupting Taylor, but followed up with a you didn't really deserve that award though! Classy as always Mr. West. 
I hope he was joking about running for President! He may win popular vote (doubtful), but the electorate would never vote for him, so it would be a huge scandal! He is gonna have to get some better speeches though because his was kind of a mess.  

Demi Lovato- I liked her performance, I liked her song. I liked her outfit... Where have I seen it before? Showtime, Synergy! Her outfit was rad, even if it was Jem inspired, but her performance was not so great. Some singers just aren't great live and that's okay, but she was mostly flat and off key several times, not to mention how very breathy she got, it was hard for me to watch!


Here are some of my favs:
Jamie's picks!
Best quote: "I'm just happy that in 2015, we live in a world, where boys can play princesses and girls can play soldiers."
Best dressed: Taylor Swift! The pants suit was so cute!
Honorable mention: I also loved the fuzzy monster shirt Miley was wearing in her video about her Instagram process.
Worst dressed: Kayne West as expressed above
Best Performance: There was so many good ones (Macklemore and Pharrell were both awesome), but Tori Kelly was amazing and such great singing!
Best Commercial: Yes, I had a favorite commercial, because SHANNARA CHRONICLES!!


No comments:

Post a Comment