Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Things I don't understand: maternity clothes

I swear, of all the maternity shirts I own all but one have horizontal stripes. Why? We are taught from birth that horizontal stripes are unflattering and make you look wide. So why do designers think it will look great on a pregnant body? I mean you're already uncomfortable, you've got that waddle, why draw attention to the girth? And you know what- sometimes the stripes don't fit just right and they look arched around the belly crating this bizarre optical illusion! Who lied to the designers and told them this was a fantastic idea? And for that matter, why are a lot of these shirts see through? I'm already hot because of harmones and extra weight, oh and TEXAS, why the hell would I was to wear a chemise? That's right, it's 110 outside with 90% humidity. Let's put on two shirts so I'm not indecent. Designers, you clearly have never been pregnant. Go home, you're drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment