Friday, June 19, 2015

Fashion Fridays: Rockabilly!!!

There is something to be said for the retro look. It seems that fashion was so on pointe. Today I'm covering a growing trend, Rockabilly style. What is rockabilly? Well it's a music type that was prevalent in the 50's. A mixture of blue grass, country, and rock and roll. (Rock and roll + hillbilly= rockabilly)  Now, in terms of fashion, think Victory rolls, swing skirts, nipped in waists, and capris!  I love this style, it's fun, it's flirty, and it hides flaws! That's right, that nipped in waistline is very figure flattering. I love love love the bathing suits too. I used to pride myself on my hourglass figure, only now all the sand is at the bottom. Ha ha ha! Check out this swim suit!  Adorable!!!

You can purchase here : http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/bettie-swim-ol.html

They have more than just swimsuits, check out their swing dresses and capris!

Another great place to shop on line is retro-vintage.com.  Look at this darling party dress!!

http://www.unique-vintage.com/unique-vintage-peach-garden-state-mesh-cocktail-dress.html




So, check it out! Give it a try, you may just love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment