Thursday, June 11, 2015

Feminism and what not.

I was recently called a feminist. I, oblivious to all, had no idea that was considered a "bad thing". What's wrong with wanting equality? I don't think either gender should be put on a pedestal, and for that matter, I don't think either gender should be overly sexualized. I'm looking at you, Magic Mike. I didn't take my husbands last name - a lot of people think I'm weird. Why? Why should I have to change my identity? Is it nessecary? I'm not property, so no need to put me under the same surname. What about our kids? What about them? They can be hyphenated or we can agree to do one or the other. Honestly, does it make that much of a difference? They know who they belong to, and they can change it later if they wish. Who cares? Who really, honestly cares? I think I'll change my name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock 

No comments:

Post a Comment