Saturday, September 9, 2017

Ok- so I made a Disney tactical error- or 5. 

I haven't really written much lately. I have been meaning to write this post for some time, but I haven't really had the heart. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Disney with the family, and it was important for us to be all together. I just, well, didn't have as much fun as expected.  Why you ask? And if you didn't, I'm writing anyway, so who cares?

1. Over planning. I am a self professed control freak. I love to be bossy. This time it bit me in the ass. I had too much planned for too many people. I didn't leave enough wiggle room, so when things went wrong it threw everything off. 

2. Park Hopper. When we originally planned, the decision was to all stay together. Well, that's great, till we all discovered we had a lot of different interests. The boys all wanted to hang out in Star Wars land, and the girls wanted to enjoy Epcot. If we had a park hopper, we could have easily split the group up and met up later; this was we all had to stay together. Animal Kingdom was not a hit. 

3. Sickness and Health. We all got hit with a Nuro virus. Puking, pooping, the worst. Next time I'm going to either call ahead and request a deep clean, take airborne or emergen-c, or Lysol the hell out of the room. Hell, maybe I'll do all 3. With the sickness we missed out on a loooooot. 

4. Alternate plans. Next time I go with a large group, I'm going to make sure everyone has a copy of the itinerary and the Disney Experience App. When I was sick, there was no on leading the group and it fell apart. Have a second in command! 

5. Rest Day, Rest Day, Rest Day. I wish I would have planned a day of nonsense where we could just rest by the pool or shop. It was too much, and we needed rest. The kids really wanted to spend more time in the pool, I don't really feel they enjoyed the parks as much. 

All in all, it was a good trip, with a few hiccups. Next time, it will be better! The matching shirts were a hit!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment